Vintage Metal Shaker Makeover

by - May 24, 2011

Yesterday, I posted about some Goodwill finds that I scooped up over the weekend.  First on the makeover list was this little metal shaker.  I knew immediately which label from the Graphics Fairy would lend to its vintage appeal:

I printed off the image and used some Distressed Ink to make it look really old.  Since I wasn't in a mod podge mood, I placed it on the front using Dots - they turn anything into a sticker.  I added some twine on the top and bottom.  Still not done.  Wanted to give it an even older look so I took some scotch tape and started just randomly placing it on the paper and ripping it off.  You can see some of the rips if you look closely.
Add some dried flowers and done!

Linking to Coastal Charm: Nifty Thrifty Tuesday and My Uncommon Slice of Surburbia: Tuesdays Treasures.

Jeanine

You May Also Like

10 comments

  1. You sure move fast. :) I love it!
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new blog looks fabulous! I love your background:) I just changed mine last night and now have 2 black stripes down the side...not sure how to get rid of them. I added myself as a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I just became your newest follower…Thanks for stopping by my blog and joining, I am also from NY and it is nice to meet you! I love the vintage label and your good will finds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love what you did to this cheese shaker. Who would have thought of that? Well you of course;) But it's a clever idea, and looks wonderful. I love that pinkish candle holder in the background too, so pretty all together in this lovely vignette.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is so CUTE! I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog is beautiful! And you have so many creative ideas. I've spent the last few minutes perusing, and plan to do some further reading, and to check out your Etsy Shop. I am so happy you have become a friend and follower and I have now now found you! I have happily just become your latest friend and follower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The label looks so natural on there! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That little shaker looks darling!
    You sure do have a neat Goodwill! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Jeanine that is one cute shaker ... LOVE it !!!
    Cheers ~
    Deanna

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!