Frenchy Upcycled Cigar Box

by - June 26, 2011

As I was loading these photos tonight, it dawned on me that I really need to start taking some before pictures of my projects.  Sigh!  I always seem to forget.  Anyway, I picked up this cigar box at the local church thrift store last Friday and wanted to use it to hold my rhinestones.  But first it needed a French touch:

I printed the label from The Graphics Fairy and mod podged it to the cover.  I also printed some crown images for the sides of the box but it's hard to see them.
I hot glued some vintage lace all around the sides of the box and added the flower.
Then I added the same crown images from the outside to the inside of the box.  It holds my rhinestones perfectly for future craft projects!

Linking to Between Naps on the Porch: Met Monday and The Graphics Fairy Brag Monday.

Jeanine

You May Also Like

16 comments

  1. Cute box...I am going to use this same graphic on a table top I am working on - just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea and an amazing transformation. I really like the graphics you chose and the inside is a nice bonus! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute as usual!!! I just picked up a cigar box myself....so now I have no excuses on what to do with it!!!
    shirley
    Hudson's Holidays

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had printed out that very design, but have not used it yet. You have inspired me - it looks great on the cigar box! Love it. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! That's my very favorite graphic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a beautiful transformation of the cigar box. I love the graphic and the lace is a perfect embellishment.
    Have a wonderful week.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an adorable way to store your rhinestones, fab project!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! That is one of my favorite images, too. (Wish I understood what it says). Great idea for old cigar boxes. Thanks for visiting my blog. Following you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable idea! Where would we all be without the Graphics Fairy....? lol!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oops, sorry, I thought I commented already, but I think I left off with you when I had to leave for work this morning! It turned out great. I did a few cigar boxes in my time {years ago}. They make for a fun project. I'll bet the boys would love their own to hold all their little treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks really sweet! I love it. Now I am looking at my cigar boxes in a whole new way.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute! I love the graphic you chose to use. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ok, another oooh, la, la project that I love! i know just what you mean about being so excited to start a project and not get "before" shots (and don't remember until our fingers are covered in Mod Podge!).

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!