Quick Halloween Apothecary Jar

by - September 15, 2011

I have a ton of these apothecary jars on hand at all times.  Whenever Michael's or AC Moore has them on sale, I stock up because they really work well for any holiday-inspired projects.  Of course this morning, I decided to do a Halloween one.

I printed off the arsenic image from The Graphics Fairy (did anyone else notice Martha Stewart Crafts has a very similar label too?  Maybe Martha's been browsing Karen's site?!  Lol!).  I distressed the edges a bit and then mod podged it to the front of the jar.  I add another coat on top to seal it in.
Once it was dry, I added the orange rhinestone eyes and tea-stained seam binding.  I had some left over orange and black spiders from the Dollar Store so I added them in as well since I refuse to buy any type of Halloween candy just yet.  My kids would gobble it down in an instant.  Okay, okay, so would I!

So there you have it, another quick easy Halloween project for a mantel, bookshelf, etc.!

Jeanine

You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. wow--really cute!! I'm gonna have to keep my eyes open for these jars--I've got IDEAS now!
    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks great, even without candy! The spiders were a great idea. I love the colors in the seam binding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is that, love how you added the orange eyes.

    Hugs,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I have a jar just like this. I should decorate it for Halloween like you did.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!