Paris Shadowbox

by - May 15, 2012

Here is the first of the weekend projects that I was able to accomplish.  I bought this little wood shadowbox from the Unique Thrift Stores last week.  It was just a plain pine box.  I decided to give it a French-y makeover:

I gave it a couple of coats of white paint.  While that was drying, I used some French script scrapbook paper for my background.  Then I popped over to The Graphics Fairy and printed out some random French images.  The Eiffel Tower is actually from a necklace I got at Forever 21 a couple of years ago.  My boys love that I used Scrabble pieces to spell out Paris.
There is another small charm on the lower right corner - not sure if you can see it.  It has a cameo look to it.  The finishing touches were Marie Antoinette and the hand-stamped little French crown at the top.

I love the touch of French whimsy it adds to my livingroom!

Linking to Faded Charm: White Wednesday.

Jeanine

You May Also Like

5 comments

  1. So pretty! I love all of the elements and you gave me an idea for using some letter game pieces I purchased awhile ago -- thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love anything with Paris and the Eiffel Tower! This turned out fantastic!

    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Thanks for your kind comment on my pinterest copycat project. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Unique thrift shop! Love how your shodow box turned out!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!