French Address Plaque

by - July 08, 2012

This is another redo of a redo project.  We had this slate plaque for years.  It had some horrible "welcome" design on it originally.  I had painted it white and then added a vintage coffee label sticker from the Graphics Fairy.  Unfortunately, the label peeled off due to the heat so I had to start over from square one:

I gave it a few more coats of white spray paint.
Then I printed out this great French address from the Graphics Fairy.  I used graphite paper to stencil it on.  Then I sanded down the wording to give it an aged look.
I gave it a coat of clear spray paint to protect it, and added the twine so I could hang it up.  It's right over a basket of lavender in the tearoom.  Yum!

Linking to The Graphics Fairy: Brag Monday.

Jeanine

You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. At least you were able to redo it. I hate when something gets messed up that you've done and there's no good fix. I think it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeanine, this is adorable!! I see these slate pieces in Thrift shops all the time. Will be sure to grab one the next time around!! Thanks for sharing!!

    Huggs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Jeanine! It looks great with the Lavender!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lovwe it,Jeanine.Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!