My five year old picked out these paper mache stars at Michael's last week. I was really hoping to decoupage them using the tissue paper method, but - sigh! - it was not meant to be. The tissue paper got stuck in my printer not once, not twice but three times. And you know what they say about three times. Plan B:
I used some old French book paper and pages from the Romeo and Juliet book I got a couple of weeks ago. I covered each star with Mod Podge. Then I glued on the ripped pages from each book randomly all over each star.
While the Mod Podge was still a little wet, I added some flat glitter pieces (Martha Stewart Crafts). Once that was dry, I popped over to The Graphics Fairy and grabbed these two Victorian lady images. I added them to the fronts using Glue Dots.
Now, I am not calling these Xmas ornaments, although they will likely end up on our tree. For now, I'm calling them my Victorian lady stars. ;)