Upcycled Bottles

by - February 24, 2013

I really do love embellishing bottles.  These are some I had used for other projects but kind of fell out of love with.  So I peel off the old labels and embellishments, and start over from scratch.

The tall bottle originally had a Halloween touch.  Now it's a shabby button holder.  I used some leftover red ticking that I bought from Somerset a couple of years ago.  I hand-stamped PARIS on a random piece of white fabric and adhered it to the ticking using fabric glue.  Not sure if you can tell, but at the top of the tall bottle is a French address label from the Graphics Fairy.
The little salt (or pepper!) shaker is a Goodwill find.  They only had one the one at the time and I loved the shape, so I snatched it up.  I hot glued the photo holder to the back of it and then added some burlap, and another piece of random fabric which I hand-stamped SPRING onto.  It's holding a miniature Tarot card from a deck I've had since my 20s.
I love the shape of the one with the lace.  For that one, I used a pretty Paris image that I printed onto label paper.  I distressed the edges a bit and stuck it on.  Then I hot glued the lace on top and added a faux dried flower.

The best part is that I used remnants and random pieces from my stash so it cost me $0 to make these!

Jeanine

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. Hi Jeanine,
    Love your bottle art. They are so charming and very unique. You are so talented and your makeovers are perfect. I too love to embellish bottles of all kinds. So much fun,isn't it?
    So enjoyed my visit to your lovely blog and meet you. Thank you for stopping by and your new following. I am a new follower here too.
    Happy Creating.
    Hugs, Celestina Marie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!