Upcycled Tobacco Tin

by - August 31, 2013

Hope everyone's holiday weekend is off to a great start!  It's a bit overcast here today but I am hoping to get some garage sales in.  In the meantime, here's a cute autumn/Halloween project I did earlier this week using an old tobacco tin.

I saw something similar on Pinterest (although I think the person made it for Xmas) and since I had some old tobacco tins lying around, I decided to give one of them an autumn/Halloween spin.

First I covered the tin with some vintage sheet music from The Graphics Fairy.  Then I added the pumpkin image - also from The Graphics Fairy.

I wrapped some orange and black ribbon on the top and bottom, and some black tea-stained seam binding so I could hang it.  I finished up by adding some Dollar Store faux moss and random Halloween pieces.

I love when I have everything I need on hand - especially for seasonal pieces.  Next week is back to school here, and I'm looking forward to having more crafting time again!

Jeanine

You May Also Like

3 comments

  1. So cute!! I love it when I have a new idea and don't have to pick up any extra to get it finished. I pinned it to my fall fun board..for all to see. :)
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this project Jeanine. I know what you mean about having everything on hand - I love that too. It's so cute. I want to make one too. Don't you just love The Graphics Fairy! I need to find a garage sale buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I love that pumpkin image, it is one of my favorites from Karen for Fall.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!