Junkin' Finds

by - January 11, 2014

A local hardware store was having a basement sale today.  I caught the ad on Craigslist and after my son's basketball game, we popped over.  I wasn't really sure what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised.

Tons of old brass letters.  And I got the crates that hold them as well.  I didn't see too many vowels but I still have to flip through them.
I picked up a few vintage frames.  The little one is pewter.  It's missing its glass insert but I think it's still a great find.  I've been looking for a letter holder.  This one was only $1.
See the glass "cup"?  It's actually a glass mason jar funnel.  I never heard of such a thing before.  I was intrigued so I grabbed one.  My husband also picked up some vintage aluminum plates, which I didn't get a chance to photograph.

In other news, I've opened up a new Etsy shop: OkioBVintage.  I've already added some of these vintage finds to it.  I still have my original shop, but I've been wanting to create a new one dedicated to only vintage items.  Wish me luck!

Jeanine

You May Also Like

9 comments

  1. Oooh, great find on all those letters {and the crates they are stored in, too}! Some great project potential with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like some fun finds! Good luck on your vintage Etsy shop, I'm headed on over for a visit:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on your shop! I have an aluminum funnel, shaped just like your glass one! You always seem to find unique things! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure everyone is green with envy over all those letters and the bin...I sure am!!

    love the glass funnel too.
    Great finds!!

    be blessed
    barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice finds. I like the glass funnel and the brass letters. Good luck with your new Etsy shop.

    xo Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice finds. I like the glass funnel and the brass letters. Good luck with your new Etsy shop.

    xo Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting items! Am headed over to your Etsy shop now.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!