Mixed Media Wood Heart

by - January 06, 2014

I picked up a little wood heart last week at our local thrift store.  I think it was a switch plate.  Since I certainly didn't need a switch plate, I turned it into a quick, mixed media art Valentine's Day decoration.

I started by painted it white.  I gave it a few coats of white spray paint before the weather turned so nasty.  As you can see, it's actually a nice size heart.
I covered the front of it with French book paper.  Once that was dry, I added the LOVE lettering and an image from The Graphics Fairy.  
Not done yet!  I added the French flashcard le coeur (which means heart in French) and a red button for a splash of color.  The final touch was hot gluing on some vintage lace and seam binding so I could hang it.

I'm quite smitten with it.

Jeanine 1.
Pin It

You May Also Like

2 comments

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!