Halloween Houses

by - September 14, 2015

I bought these paper mache houses last year for Christmas.  They were a little larger than I had expected, but I still decided to make them work by painting them black and adding tea lights for the holiday season.  

This year, I decided to give them a Halloween makeover.  I bought black and orange glitter, and kept the black paint.  I wasn't sure which glitter to use at first.  I really like Pottery Barn's version of Halloween houses - which use black glitter.  Still I was drawn to the orange.
So I did the first two in orange.  I'm not a huge fan of glitter - mainly because of the mess it leaves behind.  So this was an outside job in between rain storms this weekend.
I see a few spots that I missed, so I'll try and fill them in today.  The last house, which is also the largest, will get the black glitter just to break up all of the orange.

Wish me luck!

Jeanine

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. These are awesome and turned out wonderful. Orange seems to be the color this season for projects. Have fun! cm

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!