Monday, September 28, 2015

Halloween Touches

What do you do when you're having a really bad day?  You do something that makes you happy.  And for me, that means putting out some Halloween touches.
I call it Halloween-therapy.
The boys were at school.  The hubby was at work.  The house was quiet.  I got to lose myself for a little while as I was dressing up our corner hutch.
I try to change things up from how I did them last year.  Some pieces remain in place - like the vintage Underwood typewriter.
Some pieces, I've had for years.
I also created this simple banner that I have hanging in our dining room.  I still need to add some ravens to each end.

I definitely felt much better once I had everything in its place.

Jeanine

2 comments:

CelestinaMarie@SouthernDayDreams said...

Hi Jeanine, well it is great therapy to decorate and your Halloween display is awesome. Love all your special touches. The banner is fabulous. I bet your family came home and enjoyed seeing what you created for the season.
Thanks for sharing and always the inspiration.
cm

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Well, it looks like you are good to go for Halloween! : ) I will be sending the boys bags out soon and I'll give you a heads up when they are on their way. I'm glad you were feeling better after your Halloween decorating.