Union Jack Tool Box

by - June 21, 2016

I've had this little, vintage children's toolbox (or is it a shoe shine box?) for a while now.  For a while I used it as a planter.  It got pretty beat up from the elements, so I decided to give it a makeover.

After a few coats of gloss red spray paint, I was a little stumped on what to do next.  I didn't feel like doing the Mod Podge transfer method and I didn't have any TAP Paper.  Instead, I just printed The Graphics Fairy's Union Jack image onto clear label paper.
I still have to smooth out a few air bubbles as you can see, but I love the look.  And all you have to do is peel and stick.
I did the image on both sides of the box and then just added some random white-painted bottles I already had.  It adds a nice pop of color to the porch.

Jeanine

You May Also Like

0 comments

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!