~july 4th banner & herbs~

by - June 24, 2017

My boys are officially off from school and you know what that means...

I won't have much time to craft or blog for the next 8 weeks.  Still, I did find some time to make this easy July 4th banner.  I simply used some vintage dictionary paper and Dafont's Ringmaster font.
I opened up a word document and typed each letter onto its own separate page.  Then I took turns printing each one out on the dictionary paper.  Punch some holes on each end of the paper, slide through some twine and voila! - instant July 4th banner.
This next project is a copycat.  It came up in my Facebook feed and I believe the original poster was My Thrift Store Addiction.  Hard to see but I used a wooden pants hanger.  I glued strips of lace onto each end and hand-stamped the word herbs in the middle.
I snipped some fresh oregano from the garden and tied it with some twine to hang.  For now I have it in our tea-room.  Once I find a spot for it in our kitchen, it will be residing there.

In other news: I'm hoping to hit some garage sales this week.  And BIG news: Hobby Lobby is finally coming to my neck of the woods!!!!  Yes, Hobby Lobby is opening their first Long Island store next week. To say I'm excited would be an understatement.

Jeanine

You May Also Like

0 comments

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!