~skull tray~

by - August 08, 2017

Why yes, I have started some Halloween projects.  If you've been following me for a while, you probably know that Halloween is my favorite "holiday."   And it seems every August, I start to get the itch to create some creepy decor.
This tray was actually inspired by one I saw on Pinterest and was super easy to make.  First, I grabbed the metal tray from our local thrift store.  Next, I gave it a few coats of black spray paint - front and back.  I knew I wanted to use this great vintage skull image (from The Graphics Fairy), but I felt it was missing a little something.
Since I didn't have any scrapbook paper - which the original pinner used for hers, I simply printed the skull onto some aged French script paper.  I used Mod Podge to glue it to the front of the tray.  I gave it another coat to seal it in.

I'm debating on whether or not to add some Scrabble letters or other creepy touches or just leave it as is.  Luckily, I have almost 2 months to figure that out!

Jeanine

You May Also Like

0 comments

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!