~wood coasters~

by - June 21, 2018

While at our local thrift store last week, I spied these wood pieces in their craft area.  I wasn't sure what they were for or what I was going to do with them, but I grabbed them anyway.
And here they are now!  I turned them into coasters.
I started by giving each piece a few coats of white spray paint.  Then I printed out the words onto vinyl transfer paper using my Cricut.  I carefully peeled and stuck them to the wood, and then went over them with another coat of white spray paint.
Once that was dry, I broke out the grey paint and did a few more coats over the wood and sticker letters.  I waited and waited for that to dry and then I carefully peeled the stickers off.  I followed up with a quick coat of Mod Podge, and they were done!

For roughly $1-$2, I have some cute new coasters that I'm sure we'll be using all summer!

Jeanine

You May Also Like

0 comments

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!