~halloween coasters~

by - September 15, 2019

When I saw these Rae Dunn napkins at Home Goods last week, I knew exactly what I wanted to do with them: make Halloween coasters!  This project literally takes 15-20 minutes from start to finish.
I picked up this pack too.  The pic shows everything you need to make your own coasters (minus the cork backing).  I've done a tutorial on making these before, but here's the condensed version: remove one ply from your napkin (keep the ply with the image), cut to size.  Spread Mod Podge over the coaster tile and carefully apply your image to it - spreading out any bubbles or wrinkles.  Once that is dry, add another coat of Mod Podge over your image.  Let that dry and then add whatever backing you choose (I've been using corkboard, but I've also used felt).  
Easy peasy!  And speaking of easy peasy, I made a book stack for Halloween, as well.  Hocus pocus seems to be this year's catchphrase.  All you need are some books, letter stamps and an ink pad.  Simply stamp the side of the book pages that you want your phrase on.  Warning: these book stacks are very addicting!

Have you started decorating for Halloween yet?

Jeanine

You May Also Like

4 comments

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!