One Xmas Gift Down, Many More to Go!

by - October 18, 2011

I hope my mom isn't reading today's post!  I actually started planning some of the holiday gifts that I want to make this year.  First up is one for my mom:

These ceramic Dollar Store mugs are just great.  My mom is a big coffee drinker and she likes to alternate her pretty mugs each morning.  I'm hoping she likes these!
I hand-stamped Mode de Paris in black ink on the bottom of each one.  Once that dried, I gave both mugs a coat of poly spray to seal the ink.  I was careful not to get any on the inside though - that would be kind of gross and maybe not safe?!

Simple and sweet I think.
And while I was at it, I made a Mode de Paris soap dish which you can find in my Etsy shop.  I love the look of the white dish, black ink and Frenchy words for this one.  Might try a blue or green one next!

Linking to Savvy Southern Style: Wow Us Wednesday.

Jeanine

You May Also Like

5 comments

  1. Well, that's a neat idea! It went on well, too! With my luck, I would smudge something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me - I smudged them all! But the ink comes right off with water or Staz On ink remover. That's why you have to poly seal them so it doesn't come off down the road.

    J

    ReplyDelete
  3. These came out great, Jeannine! Definitely a challenge with the curved cup and shiny surface! You have a lot of patience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these are fabulous! What a an awesome gift idea! I will have to try this out, thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea...maybe I should start thinking ahead too!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!