Vintage Holiday Book Stack

by - October 16, 2011

What is it about plain ol' craft paper that gives everything the perfect rustic touch?  Since I've got Xmas on the brain, I wanted to do a holiday book stack:

First I measured my craft paper to wrap around my books.  Then I hand-stamped the Xmas sheet music to the bindings part.  Can you see my little oopsie?
After wrapping each book, I printed out this great Xmas image from the Graphics Fairy for the front book.  I'm not sure if you can tell but there is some German glass glitter on the front as well.  Lastly, I wrapped them together with some twine.
I think these will look lovely in my bookcase for the holidays!

Linking to The Graphics Fairy: Brag Monday and Between Naps on the Porch: Met Monday.

Jeanine

You May Also Like

11 comments

  1. Very pretty Jeanine! I could see the glitter and I think it adds a nice touch.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jeanine,
    Let me try this again. My first comment dissappeared!
    I was saying that I really like your altered book and yes I can see the glitter. It really adds a nice touch.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a nice job. I can see the glitter too.

    Dropping by from Met Monday.

    Allison
    Atticmag
    Interview with Shabby Chic Rachel Ashwell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jeanine. I love using plain paper to wrap books. Combining it with twine and a vintage graphic just makes it that much better. The sparkle of the glitter tops it off just right! Visiting you from BNOTP.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty - I love a stack of vintage books.
    Cheers Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! The glitter is the perfect touch for them too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's an oopsie?? Really? Totally missed it. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What you did looks really pretty. Love the graphics/image too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. THIS is one clever idea!! I adore books for decorating -- and this gives you so many options! Love the graphic you chose and how you stamped the bindings (I don't see an oopsie so it's well hidden!)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!