Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Frenchy Peat Pots

Wouldn't you know it?  We're gearing up for what I hope will be the last snow storm of the season.  I'm keeping myself busy by making some Frenchy peat pots.
I didn't want to make these too Easter-y as I will likely keep them out all year.  So instead of adding bunnies and chicks, I added some French book paper, lace and buttons.
And just because Easter is a few weeks away, I did add an egg and a Dollar Store bird - who has apparently seen better days.  Lol! Luckily, they can easily be removed and swapped out with something else.
I really am obsessed with peat pots.  So easy to make and so stinking cute.  
I pick them up whenever I see them at a local garage sale or I stock up by ordering them from Greenhouse Megastore.  They have a great variety and are reasonably priced.  I am not being compensated for mentioning them - I just really love their stock and prices!

I have a few more in the works, but for now I'm loving these new ones!

Jeanine







Pin It

4 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I love peat pots, too. I love taking something so plain and making it pretty. Love the flashcards.

Kathy Moreland said...

So cute!! My post today shows some I made for Easter. Come over and see them!! Love the lace on yours, gives me an idea!!!

Donna said...

They turned out tres chic! I love how you added the French vocabulary card! I have a ton of those, I hadn't even thought of adding them. So thanks for the inspiration! And I'll have to check out that store.

Lin from A {tiny} Cottage In The Woods said...

Love these, and all the better that they can be out all year long.
Have a happy one,
Lin