Sunday, January 11, 2015

Marie Antoinette Tins

I mentioned a few posts ago that I have a ton of these leftover mint tins from my son's communion.  Since I can't just throw them out, I transformed two more while trying to stay warm earlier this week.
I printed out my Marie Antoinette images onto label paper.  After tracing them, I simply cut, peeled and stuck them to the fronts of each tin.  I distressed some French book paper and added the strips to each image.  Each Marie also got a little bling.
I used more French book paper inside each tin.  I just ripped it and distressed it, and glued it in.  Both are filled with shredded vintage sheet music and pretty self-stick flowers.
And since Marie appears to be the theme this week, I also made a few pendants to add to my Etsy.

Happily, I had everything I needed for these quick projects!

Jeanine

5 comments:

Artsy VaVa said...

I love the tins!

Curtains in My Tree said...


I am so glad to see Marie in a come back theme. I just loved a few years ago when we all was drooling over anything Marie Antoinette.
I have a couple projects in mind for her soon as I can settle down to play in my studio.
Like the little tins a lot

Donna said...

Oooh, la, la! I love the French accent you gave the tins, and using labels was such a great idea. These would be so cute if you were giving gift cards, just tuck the cards inside of the tins!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Such pretty images!

CelestinaMarie@SouthernDayDreams said...

These are too cute. Love them and what a great way to use the little tins. You are so talented.
Have a great week.
XO