The Little Guide to Mastering Your Sewing Machine ~ Review

by - February 08, 2016

When it comes to sewing, most of my projects rely on what I learned from Home Economics and my mom.  Truth be told, I wing it a lot of the time.  So when I was offered the chance to review The Little Guide to Mastering Your Sewing Machine by Sylvie Blondeau (from Schiffer Publishing), I jumped at the chance.

You see, I've had a mini sewing machine for a few years now, but I barely know how to use it.  Again, I've been winging it all this time. When the thread on the bottom runs out, I panic.  If a project calls for a Zigzag stitch, I stare blankly.  This book is truly for beginners or for those who want to become more familiar with their sewing machines.
I like the non-intimidating, easy-to-follow style of this book.  If something reads like an IRS manual, I toss it aside.  Blondeau speaks as if talking to a BFF, and I like how she covers everything from the basic anatomy of your sewing machine to how to comfortably sit while using it.
She covers everything from how to thread a needle to installing a zipper.
And check out some of these cool projects that for once I'm not intimidated to tackle.
I want this hat!
And these cushions.

The Little Guide to Mastering Your Sewing Machine is $24.99 and can be purchased here.

Jeanine

Note: I was provided a review copy of this book, however, all opinions, text, etc. are my own.

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. Hi Jeanine, this is a great helpmate for using your sewing machine. I think I finally have mine mastered but there is always something more to learn. Thanks for sharing and have fun sewing. Happy Valentine's Day this weekend. xo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!