~Book Reviews~

by - October 14, 2016

Once the cooler weather starts, I love to curl up on the couch under a blanket with a good book.  This week I had two great books to read.
It's not secret that I am a HUGE fan of Ikea.  I love trolling Pinterest for IKEA hacks (seriously, don't you too?!).  I Modify IKEA by Elyse Major and Charlotte Rivers offers a ton of ideas that I'd never seen before in easy to follow DIY instructions.
I mean, c'mon, how cute is this pouf?  You can make it by using three Signe rugs (along with some other non-IKEA supplies).
Or how about this window seat using an Applaro bench.  The bench is only $60.  I think this will be the first project I tackle as I've been wanting to add a bench for under our stairs in the basement.  And that's only a small fraction of what I Modify IKEA ($24.99, Ulysses Press) has to offer.
Now it's also no secret that I can't draw.  I can craft, create, paint, etc., but drawing is not my strong suit.  But with Draw Like This! by Christopher Locke, maybe it can be!
This quirky, hand-drawn guide provides a series of fun, easy-to-follow "exercises" and plenty of room to practice.  I'm going to try the skeletal structures for some Halloween-inspired decorating.
My boys love the ink blots and have been creating their own.
Seriously, Draw Like This! ($16, TarcherPerigee Paperback) has everything you need to develop or enhance your artistic skills.  

Both would make great holiday gifts!

Jeanine

Note: I was provided copies of I Modify Ikea and Draw Like This! for review.  However, all opinions, text, photos are my own.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!