~home sweet home~

by - February 21, 2019

My boys are off from school this week, so I'm sharing some projects you may have already seen if you follow me on Instagram (@okiobdesigns).  First up is this vintage book stack.  I scored the books at our local thrift store and hand-stamped home sweet home on them.  Simple but oh-so-sweet!
And speaking of books, this book worm desk sitter was supposed to be headed to my Etsy.  However, I liked it so much, I just may keep it for myself!  I used vintage Scrabble tiles in varying sizes and fonts.
This is another faux chalkboard sign.  I used the same chalkboard background as I did for my eat sign that's nestled on my kitchen counter.  For this one I chose another font from DaFont and typed Established 2001 on my chalkboard background.  It took a while for my husband to realize the significance, sigh!  Not only were we married in 2001, we also bought our house in 2001.  Men!
Last up are these itty bitty, cheeky pillows.  I'd like to say they were no-sew, but I did break out the sewing machine - in addition to iron-transfer paper - for these bad boys.  I found the images on Pinterest and simply printed them on my transfer paper (don't forget to mirror your image!).  A quick iron, sew and stuff, and I have them tucked into a vintage-inspired crate in our livingroom.

Once the boys go back to school, I'll be in full crafting mode again!

Jeanine

You May Also Like

1 comments

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!