Frenchy Dollar Store Frame

by - March 16, 2012

Is it just me or does everyone else seem to lose their mojo on a cold, dreary day?  It was 70 degrees here on Wednesday and it's gone down hill since then.  Needless to say, these past two days have not provided any real inspiration for me.

And since it's so dark and dreary here, so are my pictures.  =(  I gave this Dollar Store frame a Frenchy touch last night.  I glued some leftover burlap to the back of the frame.
After removing the glass, I tore a sheet out of a vintage French poetry book and aged it a bit with some Distressed Ink.  Once that was glued on, I added the skeleton key and numbers at the bottom.
Really quick and simple, and of course I'm always pleased when I can use items I already have readily available.

Still, I'm waiting for the sun to come back out and the warmer weather to stick around for more than a day or so.  C'mon Mother Nature, I know you can work your magic!

Jeanine

You May Also Like

6 comments

  1. Cute! Like how you used my year! : ) I have a whole roll of burlap garland here that I hope to get some ideas for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your frenchy piece is cute. I just want the weather to be consistent. We've had wildly fluctuating temps. Last night we had a pneumonia front after a very warm day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Frenchy makeover is tres magnigfique! I know what you mean about losing your groove, I've been trying to dodge rain drops (and cold temps) here in order to get painting projects finished outside!!! Do you mind if I ask you how you attached the key ant the nymber sign? I really love this piece!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Donna! I use Tacky Glue. It dries clear and holds really well!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this look!!

    I may have the 'stuff' to make one. =)

    blessings
    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!