Faux Enamel Tags

by - April 27, 2015

When I saw these wood tags in Target yesterday, I knew exactly what I wanted to do with them.

I love vintage enamel tags, but they can be a bit pricey on eBay and Etsy.  So, I decided to make my own.
I gave each tag a few coats of white spray paint.  Once they were dry, I broke out some rub-on transfers that I've had for a while.
I simply rubbed them on using what looks like an ice cream stick.  I would have loved to add some French phrases and text, but I had to work with what I had.  Grrrrr.
I bought two sets of these wood tags.  And lucky me found a tutorial online on how to make your own rub-on transfers.  Can't you just picture the next set featuring tons of wonderful images from the Graphics Fairy?!  I plan on trying the tutorial out soon and will keep you posted!

Jeanine

You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. Hi Jeanine, oh these turned out great. Love the variety you have. I can see that long distance tag with an old vintage phone. So cute. Looking forward to your "make your own transfers" post.
    Have fun, CM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jeanine! I love this project! It turned out great! I can hardly wait to see how you made your own rub-on transfers! I'm sure you'll share that with us when you do one. I wonder if these would hold up for garden use? Thanks for sharing! Blessings from Bama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute!! thanks for visiting my place. got me back over here to see what you have been up to.

    be blessed
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!