~upcycled jars + waterslide decal paper~

by - July 09, 2017

What do you do when you come home from a short vacay to Philadelphia?

You whip up some pretty jars using waterslide decal paper. Well, at least that is what I did.  I saved these pretties a few weeks ago. One contained jar sauce and the other held jelly.
I gave each jar a few coats of white spray paint and some sanding. Then I printed out my images onto waterslide decal paper.  If you're not familiar with the waterslide decal transfer method, it's super easy.  Simply print your images onto the glossy side of the paper (no need to reverse or mirror-image).  Give it 2-3 coats of clear spray paint to protect the image.
After the paint is dry, cut the image to the size you want and soak in a bowl of water.  After a few minutes, the image will detach from the backing and you can easily affix it to your project.  Easy peasy! P.S. The Union Jack image is from The Graphics Fairy and the French graphic I found online.  I get my waterslide decal paper from eBay.

Jeanine

You May Also Like

0 comments

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!