Sister-Inspired Halloween Banner

by - September 05, 2014

Have you seen the great Halloween banners my sister, Kathy from Creative Home Expressions has in her Etsy shop?  She had some last year that I loved but they sold out quickly.  Rats!  (She has since added more!) So, over the summer I picked up a canvas banner from Hobby Lobby so I could copycat a Halloween banner for fall.

I purchased the skull images from Graphique (my fave digital download shop!) on Etsy, and used TAP paper to iron them on my canvas.
Then I had to hunt down a stick from the garage.  Found one the kids used for roasting marshmallows last year (sssssh!).  It was pretty clean but I have to have my hubby cut the stick down to size. I used twine for my "hanger."
I also added some orange and black tea-stained seam binding like Kathy did.  I feel like it's missing some wording or another image so I may add something to the upper right corner.  Overall, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.  Thanks to my sister for the Halloween inspiration!

Jeanine

Pin It

You May Also Like

0 comments

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!