DIY Faux Mercury Glass Mason Jars

by - November 18, 2015

Looking for a quick, inexpensive gift idea for the holidays?  How about these sweet faux Mercury glass Mason jars...
I've posted about the faux mercury glass technique before.  I, myself, dug it up on Pinterest.  Basically you need a can of Krylon's Looking Glass spray paint and a spray bottle with 50/50 water and vinegar mixture.
You spray a few coats of Looking Glass onto your Mason jar and let dry.  Then you follow up with a few spritzes of your water/vinegar mixture and then wipe in random spots for a "Mercury glass" look.  Follow up with one more coat of Looking Glass depending upon your tastes.
I added a little vintage lace and bling to mine, and these adorable Mason jar tops I picked up from Target (they were only a few dollars each if I remember correctly).  Add tea light candles and you have a beautiful gift for a friend, co-worker, etc. that won't break the bank.

Jeanine


You May Also Like

6 comments

  1. They're beautiful. I love the adornments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these jars and the way you've embellished them!

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a really cute idea. I love mercury glass and the real stuff is so pricey anymore. You are right- those will make adorable gifts. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tired this last year and made a mess! Yours look fabulous!! You always add the cutest trims!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great project Jeanine. Love how yours turned out. Thanks for sharing the how too. Happy Thursday! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love your jars! You know I just can't get enough of mercury glass. Thanks for the great inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!