Dollar Store Candle Holders Makeover

by - December 18, 2015

Wow, has it really been over a week since I last posted?!  Between the hustle and bustle of the holidays and the fact I have my first cold of the season, I haven't been able to get much crafting done. Well, I did have time to stop by the Dollar Store earlier this week...

And I did find a little time between bouts of rain to give these Dollar Store candle holders a little Mercury glass makeover.
This was almost an epic fail.
You see, once I gave each holder a few coats of Krylon's Looking Glass spray paint, it started to rain.  Except I didn't realize it was raining and left my garage door open where the holders were drying.
So the paint got wet and took forever to dry.  It got a little gloppy too and then started peeling.  UGH!  I didn't panic and let the paint completely dry overnight (in a closed garage!).  When I came out the next day, I was able to fix most of it.

Phew - that was a close one!  I added some tea-stained seam binding to each holder and called it a day.

Jeanine

You May Also Like

3 comments

  1. They turned out great! I've had spray painting mishaps many times too, ugh! Glad you were able to fix them:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute - a greta way to make dollar store glass look high quality! Hope you have a great christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jeanine, These turned out so good in spite of the rain hitting them. Great project. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas. xo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!