~french market charger plates~

by - April 26, 2018

I picked up these Pier 1 wood charger plates from our local thrift store months ago.  I finally got around to spray painting them white two weekends ago.  And then they sat for a few days...until today.
After sanding them down a little for a more aged look, I broke out some Waterslide Decal Paper and searched up some of my favorite French bee graphics.
If you've never used Waterslide Decal Paper, you basically print out your image on the sheet (I used inkjet paper because that is the type of printer I have, but they also make it for laser printers).  I was able to get both of my images onto one sheet.  Before using it, you'll need to give it a few coats of clear spray paint to preserve the image.
Once that's dry, simply add to a bowl of water (be sure to cut your image to size first!) and in a matter of seconds, your image will separate from the backing and be ready to use.  Add it to your piece and smooth out any air bubbles.  It needs to be wet to adhere.  Once it's dry, it's basically like a clear sticker.
Here is one of them on my nightstand.  It's exactly the look I was going for!  You can find Waterslide Decal Paper on eBay and Amazon.

Jeanine

You May Also Like

0 comments

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!