~diy valentine's day~

by - January 12, 2020

Whoa, my first post of 2020!  I don't know about you, but I took a little bit of a blog break.  Between the holidays and the boys being off from school, it took me a week longer to get back into my regular routine.
Now that I'm able to focus a little more, I've been busy with small Valentine's Day DIY projects.  I don't go too crazy for Valentine's Day.  I like to keep a smaller budget on what I buy, so I can recoup after all the Christmas spending.
So a lot of these pretties are made using free printables (like the picture frame print), upcycling previous purchases (like the petite bottles in the first picture) or revisiting old favorites (like the Rae Dunn-inspired candy jars).
I did splurge on these wood hearts at Hobby Lobby.  They set me back a whole $1.89, lol.  I painted them red, and then sanded them for an aged look.  I used them on the bottles in the first picture.
Okay, so I also picked up this cute pickup truck sign from Dollar Tree too.  I just couldn't resist.  Dollar Tree is definitely stepping up its game when it comes to farmhouse-style pieces.
Last up it this tray vignette using pieces I already created.  The mugs and dish towel are from Target's DollarSpot.  It cost $6 for the mugs and the towel.

So far I've spent about $10 on Valentine's Day.  I'm trying to keep it under $25.  Wish me luck!

Jeanine

You May Also Like

0 comments

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!