Friday, August 19, 2011

Let Them Eat Cake!

I finally got a bit of my crafting mojo back!  It's been a rough week sleep-wise but I was happy to churn out at least one new project.  The best part?  I had everything I needed on hand to make this Marie Antoinette-inspired penny jar:
I had purchased this fabric image from Etsy months ago.  I didn't have any fabric to match it for a pillow at the time so it sat and sat.  Today, while cleaning up my craft room, I came across it.  I had the penny jar from DebbieDoo's magazine challenge.
I cut the fabric to the size of my jar.  I turned it into a "sticker" using Sticky Dots (I was very surprised that it works on fabric!) and placed it on the front of the jar.  I added the vintage lace with some hot glue.  Then I just placed some self-sticking rhinestones randomly on the image.  Lift up the lace and you see:
It's a colorful addition to my kitchen and I can't wait to add some treats for the boys to it!  Cake, unfortunately, won't fit.  =)

Linking to Funky Junk Interiors: SNS.

Jeanine

3 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

That's pretty! Love the colors! So let me understand, you got this with the image already on the fabric? That's pretty neat.

Sorry you haven't been sleeping well. I wake up before the clock goes off at 6 now for some reason. By 9:30 I'm dead to the world.

Spray Paint Queen said...

Very pretty jar! That's a nice looking design.

Ms Bingles Vintage Christmas said...

Wonderful! Bravo!
I just love it!
Thank you for sharing!
Leticia