Saturday's Thrifty Finds

by - October 29, 2011

Yup, it's snowing here today.  Can you believe it?!  No real accumulation but enough to make it messy.  It wasn't messy enough to keep me from my favorite church thrift store's annual fall fair.  Popped over there this morning and it did not disappoint:

How cute is the snowman?  I got it for $1.  One booth allowed you to fill a bag for a buck.  I could have gone to town but I tried to hold myself back so I wouldn't feel more guilty than I already did.  I always give them a few bucks extra because it's for such a great cause.
I got two styrofoam Xmas trees, one styrofoam wreath that I am determined to do something grand with this year, two little wreaths, tons of holiday-ish fabric, a little box and some twine.
Then I spied the little wood sled for $1 and the scented wreath - also $1.  The little candy tin was 50 cents.  I'm picturing the sled painted either black or white and then covered in vintage sheet music with a fabulous Graphics Fairy image in the middle.

Still trying to decide what to do with the box and candy tin but I'm sure those two makeover will include sheet music.

Jeanine

You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. wonderful finds! I can't wait to see what you do with the sled!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha...snow??? None here yet (about 15 miles south got about 2" friday - and you can keep it down there - I hate winter!

    Great finds - looking forward to seeing their transformations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have Fun with your new goodies!! I love SNOW..wish it was hear.. :( lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't believe it when I heard ~ snow! How crazy is that? We never had snow that early before. Great finds. Love the wreaths and forms. That sled would also look great with one of Karen's Santa graphics. It sounds like you already have a vision for it.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!