Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Touches of Glitter

I'm not the biggest fan of working with glitter.  Mainly because I always seem to make a mess with it.  But I do love the look in the end.  This week I broke out my German glass glitter and some Martha Stewart glitter for some quick Xmas touches.  First up is this old pocketwatch:
I've seen this look on Etsy and wanted to take a crack at it so when my husband dug up this old watch, I immediately staked my claim!
I covered the top part and part of the front with Mod Podge, and then I dipped the watch into my German glitter glass.  I love the icy/snow affect the glitter glass adds to it!  It's hanging from a piece of that plaid fabric that is quickly becoming my go to for holiday projects.
These little birdies are from Ikea.  They come in a package of 4 in plain white for something like $4.99.  When I saw them, I knew I wanted to give them a quick sheet music makeover.  I also added the French stamps and gave them a generous coating of the Martha Stewart glitter.  I left the backs plain - just with the sheet music.  I think they have a Pottery Barnish feel to them with the sheet music, don't you?

Jeanine

6 comments:

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Glitter always adds such a pretty touch! I love those!

Theresa said...

OH if only I had a pocket watch! That is gorgeous! t.xoxoox

❀ⒹⒺⒺ❀@ A Lapin Life said...

There is something so magical when it's decorated in glitter.

Beautiful!

Dee

Danielle @ VintageDanielle said...

it's starting to look like awinter wonderfuland in your home. The glitter on the watch really looks beautiful and done so well.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Cool idea for the pocket watch! I hate working with glitter, too. It always seems to get all over the place, even after it's been applied! I do like the effect though.

Kirsty, New Zealand said...

these look so cool!