I picked up this pair of frames at an estate sale a couple of weeks ago. What made them so very interesting is that they had a small piece of canvas in the back instead of the usual cardboard backing. I wasn't sure what to do with them since the canvas kept falling out. Finally, I decided to test some Avery label paper on the canvas part and here's how they came out:
I love that I didn't have to repaint them. All I did was cut the label paper to fit the canvas. Peel, stick and done! Well not quite.
Because the canvas kept coming out, I had to glue it on. So far so good. For one of them, I glued some tea-stained seam binding to the back so it could be easily hung up.
I really love the Alice scene in both of them! And they really do look like someone drew or painted them onto canvas.