Vintage Salt & Pepper Shakers

by - June 14, 2012

We found these vintage salt & pepper shakers at a garage sale a few months ago.  They are silver-plated and screw off to reveal a glass holder for both the salt and pepper.  Really unique.  I wanted to give them a Frenchy makeover:

First I added my favorite vintage lace with some hot glue.  Then I added the metal picture holders to each one.  I was thrilled that they actually fit into the existing holes.
I used some distressed French book paper underneath the lace.  I also added some faux pearl embellishments and tea-stained seam binding.
I added the religious medal to one and the je t'aime notecard to the other.
I love the shabby French feel of them!

Jeanine

You May Also Like

6 comments

  1. Those turned out great! Very unique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Love the addition of the holders to the tops. Great luck that they fit perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love! I often see neat salt & pepper shakers at sales, and always think they would be fun to craft with. You could fill them with dried lavender, they would smell wonderful:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these. They are so pretty. They would make great place card holders.

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  5. great for place cards or vintage postcards.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!