Saturday, September 28, 2013

Teacup & Saucer Makeover

This teacup and saucer once held a scented candle.  I picked up two of them at Urban Outfitters ages ago.  Once the candle was done, I cleaned them up and they sat in the garage for a couple of years. They were just too pretty to donate or use at a garage sale.
So I cleaned them up and decided to make them more functional. 
What's neat is the teacup is already glued to the saucer so I didn't have to break out the E-6000.  I did, however, print out the word miscellany on clear label paper to add to the front of the teacup.
Then I filled it with random pieces including these great, vintage French flashcards.  I add them in with my Etsy "thank you" bags and use them for tags.
It's also a great spot for odd buttons and some keys.  Now I can easily grab what I need without having to dig through piles of stuff in my craft room.  Now I just have to figure out what I'm putting on the other one.

Linking to the Creative Home & Garden Blog Hop.

Jeanine

4 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Pretty! I wouldn't have wanted to give them up either once the candle was done. They are a great item to repurpose. I like how you've used this one. I'm sure you'll figure something out for the other one. There must be another useful thing it can hold for you.

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Nice way to repurpose, and it's pretty too. I'd probably have nails in one. lol

Nancy Wiebel said...

Neat idea!!

Nancy

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

that is a great idea.