Upcycled Vintage Chalkboard

by - July 06, 2016

I bought this vintage chalkboard a couple of years ago at an estate sale.  For a while, I covered the ugly green paint with sheet music and book paper.  

Yuck, right?!  I always knew I wanted to re-paint it with black chalkboard paint and this weekend was the perfect time to tackle this project.  So I broke out the chalkboard paint and got busy.
Here it is now.
Using a chalk marker and stencil, I added my French graphics to the middle.
I have a few little spots I need to touch-up, but overall this baby's done!  What's nice is the chalk marker is not permanent, so when my mood changes, I can change the look with it.  =)

Jeanine


You May Also Like

3 comments

  1. Love vintage chalkboard and love the stencil idea! I've recently added a chalkboard on a door and keep wondering what to put on it. Words? Seasonal greetings? Eh. But a stencil? Perfect! Thank you for sharing that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turned out great Jeanine. Love the French Stencil. Happy Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your makeover chalk board! The stencil image is perfect. Great job.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!