Pottery Barn Knock-Off: Numbered Canvas Frames

by - February 05, 2012

I was browsing the Pottery Barn site the other day and came across these pretty numbered frames ($39 for a set of three):

(Photo courtesy of Pottery Barn)

When I saw these oval frames at my local church thrift store on Friday, I knew immediately that I could do something similar with them.
First, I spray-painted each frame black.  While they were drying, I used my Cricut to make my 1,2,3 stencils.  Instead of canvas, I used some Osnaburg fabric which I find gives a similar look.  I used fabric paint to add my numbers to the fabric, and I added them to each frame once they were dry.  
I still have to add the chains to the back of each frame and hang them.  Overall, though, I'm really happy with how my version came out!  And it cost me about $4 to do mine.

Linking to Between Naps on the Porch: Met Monday.

Jeanine

You May Also Like

13 comments

  1. What a great idea - love how yours turned out!

    Blessings,
    Angie @ Knick of Time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Will the boys be fighting over them for their rooms? : ) You may need to make another set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE these!
    The game...not so much!
    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love a Pottery Barn knockoff! Yours look as good as theirs and I love your $4 cost - you're amazing! Hugs ~ Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great and the price is right!

    Robin
    Robin Flies South

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHO hooo yours turned out great.
    Good luck on the giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I have not noticed those at Pottery Barn but they are super cute! You did a great job and saved a lot by making your own. That's my way of doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sweet! Don't you love it when you happen to find just the right thing to make the project you want?

    blessings
    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you used osnaburg fabric! Its one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Turned out really well. Very attractive.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!