Burlap & Starfish

by - July 28, 2014

Oh boy, is it Monday already?  I feel like the weekend is a blur because we had a lot of family time, playdates and birthday parties this weekend.  This translates into: Jeanine did not get to hit any garage sales this weekend.  Harumpf!

That's okay because in between the madness, I was able to paint a few recycled food cans.  I used the last bit of my Annie Sloan Old White chalk. Seriously, I was scraping the bottom trying to get every last bit out.
Once they were dry, I hot glued pieces of burlap to each can. Originally, I was going to add some bling to the burlap, but then I spied some leftover starfish and they seemed to be the perfect size for the cans: not too big, not too small.
I hot glued them onto the burlap and voila: instant upcycled, nautical-inspired bliss.  I have candles in them and am looking forward to lighting them for our next summer get together.

Jeanine
Pin It

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. This is an awesome idea for a outdoor garden party. I did a few for my paint brushes but I love the starfish to the fronts.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!