Upcycled Wood Calendar

by - May 17, 2016

This is one of those times where I'm kicking myself for not taking a before pic.  Harumpf!

This started as an old wooden calendar.  I took apart the pieces until I just had the flat piece of wood with the ridge.  Originally I was going to make a chalkboard out of it, but decided to do a small American flag instead.
I started by painting the red and white stripes using painters tape and acrylic paints.  (I know, I know, my stripes on top are a little off.)  Once that was dry, I placed star stickers on the wood before painting that section blue.  After a few coats, use a razor to peel up your stickers and voila!
I'm still playing around with the little tinsel like decorations I added to the back.  I picked up two of them at Michael's ($1.49 each).  I feel like I need a third, but I'll put that to a vote when my men get home from work and school.

Jeanine

You May Also Like

0 comments

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!