~mom's tuna casserole~

by - October 23, 2020

You know that one dinner your Mom would make when you were growing up?  The one that gave you all the feels like Anton Ego in Ratatouille.  For me, it was Mom's Tuna Fish Casserole.  While it's not quite classic comfort food, it was the one meal that made me happy - even after having a rough day at school.  Now that I'm the Mom, I make it every few months for my kids with the same cheerful results.

Today, I'm sharing it with you!  All you need is:

  • A bag of egg noodles;
  • Two cans of tuna fish drained;
  • One can of Cream of Chicken (or Cream of Mushroom or Cream of Celery Soup);
  • A medium-size onion (smaller or larger depending upon your tastes) sliced;
  • One half cup milk;
  • Bread Crumbs;
  • Butter slices.
Start by browning your onion in the frying pan with a little butter.  Add the tuna fish, soup and milk to the pan constantly stirring over low heat.  Cook the noodles separately.  Once the noodles are to your liking, add the mixture to them and spread out in a casserole dish.  Mix bread crumbs with sliced butter and put on top of noodle mixture.  Cook for 15 minutes at 325 degrees.

Enjoy!

Jeanine

You May Also Like

0 comments

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!