~my favorite sunscreens~

by - June 09, 2022

A few years ago I noticed a suspicious spot on one of my arms.  After keeping tabs on it for a month or two, I finally went to the dermatologist.  And boy, am I glad I did.  The spot turned out to be pre-cancerous (yikes!).  Lucky for me, the dermatologist was able to freeze it off (two sessions of liquid carbon dioxide - ouch!).  Thankfully, the spot never returned.  Since then, I've been a stickler for sunscreen.  Here are some of my faves:



This budget-friendly option is water resistant for up to 80 minutes.  I like that it's gentle enough for sensitive skin, but offers protection for UVA/UVB rays.  The non-greasy formula is perfect for a busy lifestyle.




I've been a big fan of Neutrogena since my 20s.  As a former acne sufferer, the brand has quite literally been a lifesaver.  Much like its skincare line, this sunscreen is non-comedogenic and oil-free - a big bonus for me.  I love the convenience of just tossing the can into my bag before leaving the house.  It's also priced right at under $10 (depending upon the retailer).




This one is my splurge.  You may think $32 is a little pricey for sunscreen, however Coola uses 70%+ certified organic ingredients.  It's also fragrance free, vegan, gluten free and cruelty free.  Like the more budget-friendly options, this one also provides protection from UVA/UVB rays and is water resistant for up to 80 minutes.

Whichever brand fits your budget, I remind everyone of the importance of wearing sunscreen (even in the winter!).

Jeanine

Disclosure:  I may earn a portion of the sales from products included on my blog through an affiliate partnership with retailers.  However, all opinions are my own.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!