I know I have a before photo somewhere of this caddy/toolbox but I can't seem to dig it up. It was a navy blue color originally and I had planned to stencil a Yankees logo on it for my son's room but he wasn't feeling it. Skip to plan B and you get this lovely robin's egg colored toolbox:
This project really was a pain in the you-know-what. First I painted it white and tried to stencil "sweets" on it to use as a dessert caddy. No good. So then I used some chalkboard paint. No good. So we ended up with the robin's egg color and I do love it now.
The image - which appears on both sides - is my new favorite from The Graphics Fairy. I simply printed it off, cut it out and distressed the edges. I used mod podge to attach it to both sides. I sanded down the edges and random spots to give it a shabby feel. Look inside and you see:
These galvanized pails I got at our local Pottery Barn Outlet. I hand-stamped the numbers onto coffee tags and then used some twine to tie them to each bucket.
Right now it's holding some old rulers, thread spools and some other random pieces.
I was really thisclose to tossing it after the stenciling and chalkboard paint fiascos but I'm glad now that I kept it!
Linking to My Romantic Home: Show & Tell Friday and Finding Fabulous: Frugalicious Friday.