French Guest Room Key

by - June 15, 2011

While dreaming of Paris earlier today, I wondered what it would be like to be a guest at a rustic, charming hotel there.  Would they have those dopey electric card keys or an actual metal key.  Since I doubt I'll find out any time soon, I made this little guest room key:

I love, love, love this image from the Graphics Fairy (in fact, I used it on a pair of new items in my Etsy shop too). 
After I printed out my image, I mod podged it to the front of a coffee tag.  Then I added the random green rhinestones and tied the key on with some tea-stained seam binding.  Flip the back and it reads invite - French for guest.  I had to handwrite the accent mark which is a little sloppy.
I think it would also work great as a bookmark for one of my French books.

Jeanine

You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. I love your key !! I want to go to France so bad and go to a hotel with a key like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I could definitely see this sitting on a stack of books, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your guest room key! Like Kathy, I can see it displayed on a stack of old books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty project! Love it! Thanks for following my blog Loving Life. I'm following you now too:)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!