Garage Sale Doll Chair Makeover

by - June 03, 2011

I got this little doll chair last weekend in Virginia while visiting my sister.  At first I thought it would make for a good naughty or time-out chair for my boys, but then I decided to give it a French-y makeover instead.  The boys were definitely relieved!

I gave it a few coats of white spray paint.  Then I sanded some random edges to give it a shabby look.  I printed off my image from The Graphics Fairy, distressed the edges and mod podged that to the front.  Still missing something.  That's when I added the skeleton key coffee tag with some twine.

Still trying to decide where to put it but I do love my new little chair!

Linking to The Shabby Nest: Frugal Friday and Funky Junk Interiors: SNS.

Jeanine

You May Also Like

5 comments

  1. I bet your boys were relieved!!! The chair is just darling. Heading over to your etsy shop now. I think I followed your last blog, I will make sure I am a follower of this one! jules from bles-id

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Love a great makeover :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH I definitely love this and I bet your boys prefer this over a 'naughty chair' -- haha! GREAT job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog, love the little childs chair you made over in a french style. I have a little wooden hand made childs rocking chair that has been in my family and passed around for about 50 years or so. I'am redoing it for my latest grandaughter who is 10 weeks old. Her mom(my daughter)is doing her baby's room in pink and black...cute and frenchy. She bought a black crib and dresser and painted the room a soft pink.
    By the way I just followed you and that makes me your 100th follower. How cool is that. Decor. Lady

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!