Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Patriotic Clothes Pins

I typically have a bunch of leftover clothes pins floating around.  Mostly cast-offs from my Etsy shop.  You know, the ones that don't come out quite right?  Instead of tossing them, I usually paint over my oopsies and re-use them elsewhere - like for these red, white and blue pins:
I used some acrylic paint and painted each one in the appropriate colors.  I didn't have the dark blue I needed so I just improvised.  I used some sand paper to shabby up the edges.

I was thinking of drawing some stars on them but I'm far from an artist.  Stars seems easy enough but the few practice ones I did came out really bad.  Bleah! 

So this is how they will stay for now.  I'm sure I'll find some great July 4th decorations to hang with them!

Jeanine

5 comments:

Patti said...

Cute...how about adding a wooden cut out star - you can buy packages cheap at Michaels or Hobby Lobby - and just glue one on each clothes pin? It is not easy painting stars!!

Okio B Designs said...

Patti, honey, you are a genius! =) I'm due to hit the craft store and now I can add that to my list!

Jeanine

Theresa said...

Love them Jeanine!! I can see old Americana photos (ofcourse I do) I like that blue and Patti's idea will look great! t. xoxoo

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Cute, cute! Love the sanding -- really sets them off -- and they look cute just sitting there in that tray!

Joan@anythinggoeshere said...

You stopped by my blog and wanted to follow me but couldn't find the follow option. Isn't it right above the photos of my followers? Joan@anythinggoeshre