Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Farmhouse Basket

**Thank you to everyone who let me know it was Michele Raven Designs blog that I drew my inspiration from!**

I can't for the life of me remember which blog showed a beautiful farmhouse basket with a stenciled number on it.  If that's you, please drop me a note and let me know as you are the inspiration for this post!

I picked up this basket at a garage sale a couple of weeks ago.  Once I saw the other blogger's basket redo, I knew it was exactly what I wanted to do with mine:
I gave it a light coat of white spray paint.  Once that was dried, I used a stencil and black paint to add my number 4.  Two is my favorite number but I couldn't find my 2 stencil so when my boys asked me why I did the number 4, I said because there's 4 of us here.  That seemed to satisfy them.

I haven't found a permanent place for it yet but I am loving how it turned out.  So to that other blogger, I say thank you!

Linking to Savvy Southern Style: Wow Us Wednesday and Faded Charm: White Wednesday.

Jeanine

10 comments:

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

There are four in our house too. Nice job.

Lina - Fancy Frugal Life said...

What a cute basket!

Lina
Fancy Frugal Life

Anne said...

Love it! and tag back - I'm YOUR newest follower!!

Stylish Settings said...

This is lovely. I saw it at Primp - http://micheleravendesigns.blogspot.com/2011/07/numbered-farmhouse-basket.html
Is that where you saw it?
Love the idea - I just put a number 3 on my washing basket too.
Cheers
Kylie

Susan @ homeroad.net said...

Nice job! I think the "other blogger" was Michelle at Primp
http://micheleravendesigns.blogspot.com

Nancy said...

Love it! A couple years ago I took a rectangle basket for years and gave it a coat of white and stenciled 822 on it, for our wedding anniversary, Aug. 22. I know you didn't get your idea from mine, but just wanted you to know that I love that look, too! But now that I see yours, I'd like to do another basket with just one number on it. Very cool!

Nancy

Darla said...

It is a cute idea.

Debra @ Common Ground said...

Hey Jeanine, love the shape of that basket and the cool handle on it! The number just adds another layer of vintage goodness!!
xo Debra

Lynn@ The Vintage Nest said...

I have to repeat the others. That basket is fabulous....the shape and handle are so different and now you have really made it special. :)

Heaven's Walk said...

So cute, Jeanine! I'm stealing this idea from YOU, ok? lol! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, too! :)

xoxo laurie