Shabby Kitchen Touches: Repost from OCB

by - July 03, 2011

I'm forever playing around with my kitchen counter.  The problem, among others (don't get me started on the green color), is, I don't have much of one and whatever I seem to display on there always gets in the way of our day to day lives.  Still, it doesn't stop me from trying!

I got this vintage pitcher from an estate sale a few weeks ago.  She sat there kind of lonely in the corner.  So I decided to add a few shabby items to keep her company.
I took a simple metal can (can of corn to be exact for any baseball lovers!) and added this shabby chic drawer paper to it.  Then I added the French label (from the Graphics Fairy of course!) to the front of and some French script candles.  Then I took the Ball jar and hot glued some vintage lace around the top and a button for a touch of color.  I had some leftover pink sand from Valentine's Day so I added that to the bottom of the jar to anchor my candle.

Lastly is the little matchbox which I covered with drawer paper as well and a Martha Stewart flower. The tart tins I got off of Etsy. 

I think everything gives the corner a nice shabby chic touch!

Jeanine

You May Also Like

0 comments

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!